The Public Mental Health System Management Agency for Garrett County
Garrett County Behavioral Health Authority is located
in the Garrett County Health Department.
We are the management agency for publicly funded mental health services.
GCBHA staff is constantly researching opportunities that will provide additional funds to improve the mental health services to residents of Garrett County. The agency works to better integrate existing services and expand services that are currently available.
GCBHA also assists persons in receiving medication, transportation to services, housing and employment. GCBHA is funded through grants from the Mental Hygiene Administration of the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
GCBHA will facilitate the continuance of a consumer-focused mental health system in Garrett County that is seamless, coordinated and accessible. This organization will maintain an advocacy role, assuring the availability of quality services to all, as defined by the agency.
To support this vision, GCBHA will:
- Collaborate with consumers, providers of mental health services and the community to identify strengths, areas for development, and needs for a consumer-driven mental health system for all persons with mental illness.
- Coordinate and facilitate linkages with agencies of other disciplines and other organizations to further enhance and integrate system level needs.
- Develop and foster quality mental health services for all ages of individuals with mental health needs.
- Encourage the development of a mental health services environment to foster consumer choice for individuals of all ages.
- Advocate for and encourage consumers to achieve their personal goals and a better quality of life.
- Provide funding and support that advances GCBHA’s vision and goals.