The LCT works with parents, guardians and other adults on children’s behalf. The purpose is to open doors, brainstorm, share knowledge, advocate, and develop strategies to help your child thrive.
Are you a Caregiver or Parent who is dealing with any of the following issues:
- Trouble finding the right resources for your child
- Your child is showing new behaviors that have you feeling confused or not knowing what to do
- Feeling lost in a system that is confusing, unorganized or non-responsive
- Need resources for your child but not sure how to access or pay for them
- Feeling alone like there is no one to help or guide you
Our Local Care Team Will:
- Help children with intensive needs receive assistance with the identification of individual needs and potential resources to meet identified needs.
- Hold discussions with you to problem solve needs and systemic needs.
- Refer children and families to care management entities when appropriate.
- Open doors to make connections to available local and community resources
- Connect to Advocates and Family Navigator
- Utilize the information gathered to improve the entire system
- Discuss a request for a Voluntary Placement Agreement for a child with a development disability or a mental illness under 5-525 of the Family Law Article
- Listen to your concerns or worries
Would you like to schedule a meeting?
The LCT meets regularly each month on the second Tuesday. We can also meet at other times that might be more convenient for you. The meetings are held at the Garrett Health Department.