Eye for Art Gallery & Studio is owned and operated by Angie Sincell and began in January 2013. It is a multifaceted business serving Garrett County, MD, and the surrounding area. Angie opened the business as a way to support the local art community and to bring back traditional black and white photography, which she feels is a fading art.
Several of the services provided are as follows:
– Art gallery exhibiting local and regional artists
– Classes based in black and white photography, darkroom techniques, and advanced fine art photography; digital photography will be incorporated
– Darkroom and studio rentals
– Framing and matting
– Guest artists; lectures and seminars
– Sales of photography film, paper, chemicals, etc.
– Development of black and white film and photographs
– Commissioned work on request
Angie also uses this space for her personal work as a fine art photographer. She has been a wedding photographer in the area for a little over 6 years. She holds a Bachelors of Science from Towson University in Art and Mass Communications and a Masters degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, in Curriculum and Instruction, specializing in Art.
For inquiries about pricing, class times, artist exhibits or commissioned work, please email or call.
If you would like to be on the mailing list for art exhibits, please email your address.
Directions: The gallery is down the hill from the Oakland WalMart, next to the car wash and Taco Bell, and First United Bank is on the other side. It is located in the red brick building as OffLake Rentals, CHIPS Network, and J.F. Mazur Fine Art Studio, and is on the first floor. Handicap accessible.